Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 13

Palmyra New York!! This is where it all started, I have seen so much that it is almost hard to comprehend. I am learning a lot and loving it!
Smith Home

Smith Home

Joseph's Older brother Alvin died at only 25 years old, today I learned that Alvin was actually  engaged to be married.

Printing press that printed the Books of Mormon

One of the fun things about going to all of the church history sites, is that we have met a LOT of amazing sister missionaries. They are so inspiring
This morning I had the opportunity to spend a few hours in the sacred grove. This is the place where Joseph Smith, at 14 years old went to pray to Heavenly Father to know which church to join. It was in this forest that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, they addressed him by name, and told him to join none of the different churches. This is such a sacred place, and you can feel the spirit of it and soon as you step foot in it. The only thing I can really compare it to is the Temple. It was easly, as I sat on one of the benches to imagine a young boy walking through the trees, looking for a spot to pray. I love this chuch, and the book of Mormon. I know it is true by the feeling of peace and comfort I feel as I read it. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at krystalmwagner@hotmail.com or visit Mormon.org :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment